Sunday, July 29, 2012

Taxi Song

i should have gone to the city, i should have taken it for a fact
i could have taken a taxi - no reason to come back
now a storm is coming and i've locked myself out of the house
beating on the windows expecting a reply back

when things work out for me, they dont for my art
when things work out for me, i stay locked in my heart

no one came to the party, and i knew it all along
light the fire, breath in - smoke and sparks and scream and shout
are they in their apartments writing the same damn song?
 and if we close our doors how can it ever get out?

when things work out for me, they dont for my art
when things work out for me, i stay locked in my heart
when things work out for me, they only work out in part
when things work out for me, i stay locked in my heart

dont call it peace
unless you want a piece of it
dont call me that please
unless you can turn your face from it

 dont call it peace, dont call it peace

No comments:

Post a Comment